Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2007/05/30 14:45:52 UTC

RDF/XML plugin development

As the community knows we have two GSoC students working on RDF/XML
plugins this. Both are students are somewhat constrained by exam
commitments for the next few weeks. Nevertheless, they have signed up
to participate from 28th May.

This mail is intended to help our students get to grips with a
sensible way of getting started that will not take up too much
revision time, but will still enable progress in the GSoC programme.

The first thing to do is to create an outline plugin. There is
documentation on how to do this at [1] (note there are some useful
documents linked in the further reading section).

Both students should create an outline plugin for their first
contribution (FOAF in one case and one of the Baetle schemas in the
other case).

Sina, you should recognise that Oshani will be implementing a FOAF
plugin so you should not focus on that. Later in the development
stages you may find yourself adding patches to Oshani's work.

For this initial framework I don't suggest that you try and implement
anything, just create the plugin outline and submit it to our issue
tracker from where one of the mentors, or other community members will
commit it to our SVN. The goal is not to have anything functional,
just to show some progress and raise initial awareness with the
community about what you are doing.

Thanks,
Ross

[1] http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_90/howto/howto-buildPlugin.html

Re: RDF/XML plugin development

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 30/05/07, Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> wrote:
> This mail is intended to help our students get to grips with a
> sensible way of getting started that will not take up too much
> revision time, but will still enable progress in the GSoC programme.
>
> The first thing to do is to create an outline plugin. There is
> documentation on how to do this at [1] (note there are some useful
> documents linked in the further reading section).

Sina, any progress. Can we help in any way?

Ross