Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jacob Weber <ja...@jacobweber.com> on 2010/02/21 20:54:16 UTC

Strange output from reintegrate merge using JavaHL

Sometimes when I do a --reintegrate merge, I get some unexpected output, along with the normal updates:

    --- Merging differences between repository URLs into trunk-path
    U   /trunk-path/file1
    U   trunk-path/file2
        trunk-path/file3
        trunk-path/fil4

That is, I see a bunch of filenames that have no status indicator. There were hundreds of them in my latest merge.

I'm using a Subversion 1.6.5 client, through Subclipse, using the JavaHL interface, connecting to a 1.6.5 server.

This output seems to be the result of a call to:
org.tigris.subversion.javahl.mergeReintegrate(branch-url, HEAD, trunk-path, false).

Does anyone know why this might happen? Thanks,
Jacob

Re: Strange output from reintegrate merge using JavaHL

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
JavaHL itself does not output anything.  It just sends notifications
and the code using JavaHL (svnClientAdapter in this case) turns it
into something.  Your output means that a notification came out of SVN
that the svnClientAdapter code did not have code to handle.  The best
thing would be to put the JhlNotificationHandler class in debug and
run the same merge and let us know what the unexpected values are so
that we can handle it.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard