Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2006/03/22 02:06:13 UTC

[VOTE] ActiveMQ RC1 first release candidate.

Hi Guys,

This if the first try at getting the RC1 binary released.  Please take
the time to check it out and let us know if you find an issue that
would hold up a RC1 release.

I've posted it here:
http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0-RC1/
I've tagged the source for that build as:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/tags/activemq-4.0-RC1/activemq/

[ ] +1 Release the binary as our milestone 4
[ ] -1 Veto the milestone release (provide specific comments)

If this vote passes, then we will then ask the Incubator PMC for their
blessing before the official release.

Hiram

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ RC1 first release candidate.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
I've just finished making the fixes for the reported issues.  Starting
a new rc1 build now.  We should have the next candidate for RC1 up
shortly.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Yeah, we are using a versioned beta not a SNAPSHOT.  I would be nice
to ship with a GA version, the one currently used will also work.

Regards,
Hiram

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
On 3/22/06, John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some questions/comments about the RC1 binary:
>
> * The README.txt file contains many links to activemq.org. - Created
> AMQ-653 with patch attached.

I'll Apply.

> * The RC1 binary contains activeio-2.1.jar in the lib directory and
> inside the rar file.  It appears that there are dependencies on activeio
> with a groupid of activeio instead of a groupid of incubator-activemq.
> I was expecting the activeio jar to have the same version as the other
> active-* jars now that ActiveIO is part of the ActiveMQ project ?

2.1 is the stable version of ActiveIO and was a release from codehuas.
 The source in activemq is still unstable.  ActiveMQ will switch to an
apache release as soon as it stabilizes.

> * etc/project.xml needs updating - Created AMQ-654
>
> * The following should be changed to non RC versions of dependencies:
>
>     - geronimo-spec-j2ee-management-1.0-rc4.jar
>     - geronimo-spec-jms-1.1-rc4.jar
>     - geronimo-spec-j2ee-connector-1.5-rc4.jar

good idea.

>     - geronimo-spec-j2ee-jacc-1.0-rc4.jar
>
> * What is the planned timing of a jetty-6.0.0 final (non-beta) release?

Greg you hanging out on these lists?

> * The docs directory in the binary distribution is pretty much useless.
> It would be useful to have a capture of the wiki site.  For example, the
> readme file points to the wiki for build instructions, but these
> instructions are likely to change over time, so if someone wants to
> build this puppy again in a year or two they will be totally confused.
> What do you think?

I agree!  Unfortunately, I'm less than happy about how the confluence
export to disk utility is currently working.  If we improve the
quality of the export, we should do this.

Regards,
Hiram

Posted by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Since John found some important but easy to fix defects..  lets
officially kill this vote.  I'll start another one once I get the next
set of binaries published.

Regards,
Hiram

On 3/21/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> This if the first try at getting the RC1 binary released.  Please take
> the time to check it out and let us know if you find an issue that
> would hold up a RC1 release.
>
> I've posted it here:
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0-RC1/
> I've tagged the source for that build as:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/tags/activemq-4.0-RC1/activemq/
>

> [ ] +1 Release the binary as our milestone 4
> [ ] -1 Veto the milestone release (provide specific comments)
>
> If this vote passes, then we will then ask the Incubator PMC for their
> blessing before the official release.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Hiram