Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Antti Barck <an...@nsd.fi> on 2002/01/11 12:45:28 UTC

SQLServerDriver

Helo all!

I get following exception when I try to use MS SQL
Server JDBC driver w/ Turbine:

[clip]
[Fri Jan 11 13:14:47 EET 2002] -- ERROR --
BasePeer.MapBuilder failed trying to instantiate:
org.apache.turbine.util.db.map.TurbineMapBuilder
 Exception:  org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException:
Unknown JDBC driver:
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver: Check
your configuration file
 Stack Trace follows:
 java.lang.InstantiationException: Unknown JDBC driver:
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver: Check
your configuration file
 at
org.apache.turbine.util.db.adapter.DBFactory.create(DBF
actory.java:183)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.db.TurbineMapBrokerService.
getDatabaseMap(TurbineMapBrokerService.java:187)
rethrown as org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException:
Unknown JDBC driver:
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver: Check
your configuration file
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.db.TurbineMapBrokerService.
getDatabaseMap(TurbineMapBrokerService.java:198)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.db.TurbineMapBrokerService.
getDatabaseMap(TurbineMapBrokerService.java:147)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.db.TurbineDB.getDatabaseMap
(TurbineDB.java:141)
 at
org.apache.turbine.util.db.map.TurbineMapBuilder.doBuil
d(TurbineMapBuilder.java:879)
 at
org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.getMapBuilder(BaseP
eer.java:1848)
 at
org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.getMapBuilder(BaseP
eer.java:1803)
 at
org.apache.turbine.om.security.peer.TurbineUserPeer.<cl
init>(TurbineUserPeer.java:94)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.r
etrieve(DBUserManager.java:158)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.r
etrieve(DBUserManager.java:246)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityServic
e.getAuthenticatedUser(BaseSecurityService.java:312)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.ge
tAuthenticatedUser(TurbineSecurity.java:199)
 at
org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.LoginUser.doPerform(
LoginUser.java:111)
 at
org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:8
7)
 at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoad
er.java:122)
 at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JLoginUser.doPerfor
m(JLoginUser.java:161)

[/clip]

Now in TurbineResources.properties there are lines:

[clip]
database.default.driver=com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQ
LServerDriver
database.default.url=jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localho
st:1433;DatabaseName=Fortum;user=<user>;password=<passw
ord>
database.default.username=sa
database.default.password=

[/clip]

How should I deal this? Can I deal  this at all?
Any ideas appreciated.

Thx in advance.

Re: SQLServerDriver

Posted by Brian Kidney <br...@iol.ie>.
Hi Antti,

I spent a bit of time last week getting the TDK to work with MSSQL, so
perhaps I can help. While I didn't try Microsofts JDBC drivers, I got it to
work with the two following drivers:

com.inet.tds.TdsDriver from http://www.inetsoftware.de/English/
and
com.jnetdirect.jsql.JSQLDriver from http://www.j-netdirect.com/

Two problems you may be having:
1) Have you copied the MS JDBC driver file into the
\webapps\newapp\WEB-INF\lib directory
2) In your TurbineResources.properties, it should be:

database.default.driver=com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
database.default.url=jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;DatabaseName=
Fortum
database.default.username=sa
database.default.password=

Notice the change to the "database.default.url" string.

Also there are a few other things you need to change that aren't mentioned
in the MSSQL Howto, in order to get MSSQL to work, you can find the details
here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg04397.html

BTW Has anyone got MSSQL native autoincrement to work with the TDK2.1?

Hope this helps.

Brian Kidney

Re: SQLServerDriver

Posted by mats nyberg <mn...@tim.se>.
also,

microsoft driver i notoriously buggy. we use:

  com.inet.tds.TdsDriver

i'm not sure where it comes from but i'm sure someone else does?

mats nyberg

Re: SQLServerDriver

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.