Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ertio Lew <er...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/30 19:23:48 UTC

ByteBuffer as an initial serializer to read columns with mixed datatypes ?

I have a mix of byte[] & Integer column names/ values within a CF rows. So
should ByteBuffer be my initial choice for the serializer while making the
read query to the database for the mixed datatypes & then I should retrieve
the byte[] or Integer from ByteBuffer using the ByteBuffer api's getInt()
method ?

Is this a preferable way to read columns with integer/
byte[] names, initially as bytebuffer(s) & later converting them to Integer
or byte[] ?