Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Gokhan Capan <gk...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/01 16:38:10 UTC

Re: How much does DataModel is Refreshable in cf (Collaborative Filtering)

Hi Darius,

FileDataModel works on a ratings file (not directory), and if you modify
this file, you may call its refresh method for the model to reload the
ratings file.

It would check if minReloadIntervalMS milliseconds passed to reload,
though. If you don't pass that argument, it defaults to 1 minute.

Best,
Gokhan

Posted by Darius Miliauskas <da...@gmail.com>.
Dear All,

thanks for the answer, Gokhan. As far as I understood the entire file is
read every time I call refresh(). So, if I have extremely big file, and
let's say I added a few lines, it would cost much time. Am I right?

Can the other questions be answered (i. e. number 1)?

Thanks,

Darius