Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/12 15:57:47 UTC

Looking for a PMC member to volunteer to be a GSOC mentor

Hi fellow PMC members,

We have a student who is interested in a GSOC project (CONNECTORS-553).
However, we have no registered GSOC mentors at this time.  We will need
one, according to Mike McCandless:

Yes, you need a PMC member to mentor (registered with Google, registered
with Apache) the GSoC student, and you need an appropriate "bite-sized"
project in ManifoldCF.

If you don't have a mentor then the student can't do the project ...

but the student can go find another Apache project that has GSoC
mentors/projects.

And all of this must happen before the deadline ... not sure exactly when
that is but probably only a few weeks from now.

Mike McCandless
<<<<<<

I'm hoping we have someone willing to volunteer?

Karl

Re: Looking for a PMC member to volunteer to be a GSOC mentor

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Piergiorgio,

Thank you for volunteering!

Here's the link I think you need to get started:
http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html

Karl

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,