Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Stanley,Michael P." <ms...@mitre.org> on 2001/12/06 16:26:13 UTC

LoggingService

Hello everyone!

Well its been a while since I used Turbine.  Great Progress I must say !
  I used to participate heavily in these lists back when I was in school
but now time is rather more limited.  I'm currently using Turbine
however on a new project so it's good to be working with this package
again.

I have a quick question about the LoggingService.  It appears to me that
Turbine implemented its own Logging Facility.  Altough it appears
similar to log4j it doesn't appear to be log4j.  Is there a way to use
Log4j throughout turbine altogether?

Mike

Re: LoggingService

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Stanley,Michael P." <ms...@mitre.org> writes:

> Well its been a while since I used Turbine.  Great Progress I must say
> ! I used to participate heavily in these lists back when I was in
> school but now time is rather more limited.  I'm currently using
> Turbine however on a new project so it's good to be working with this
> package again.  I have a quick question about the LoggingService.  It
> appears to me that Turbine implemented its own Logging Facility.
> Altough it appears similar to log4j it doesn't appear to be log4j.  Is
> there a way to use Log4j throughout turbine altogether?

Turbine's logging facility has been replace with Log4J in the
jakarta-turbine-3, jakarta-turbine-fulrum, jakarta-turbine-torque
repositories.  In jakarta-turbine-3, there is still a thin utility
shim over Log4J which I find useful in application code.

If you desired Log4J in Turbine 2.x, you could make use of the shim
from Fulcrum and additional TR.props configuration.

                                 Dan