Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by alon salant <as...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/01 03:43:03 UTC

problem: OS X mounting webdav as read only

I've searched the archives and found some recent discussion around
this but no great diagnostics or resolution. I'll do what I can to be
helpful...

My setup:

I have slide running embedded in my own web application running on
Tomcat 5. I built slide from CVS Nov 5. I have disabled authentication
in slide and am using container-managed security for authentication
(HTTP basic).

I am using TransientLockStore and TransientSecurityStore and
SimpleFileStore for the other stores.

My problem:

With my Win2k webdav client, I can use my webdav share with the
ability to do all actions. On OS X 10.3.6, I can mount my webdav share
but it mounts read only.

I see that there are people who are having more success with OS X on
this mailing list so I'm curious what could be different.

I've tried:

I've tried toggling lockdiscoveryIncludesPrincipalURL and get the same behavior.

I tried a new build from the latest changes in CVS (I saw a post
saying that recent changes may have fixed OS X issues) but ran in to
showstopper issues with both webdav clients. (I'll provide info in
another email.)

I turned on debugging but see the same log entries for both the
working win2k client and read-only OS X client.

Goliath 1.0.1 seems to work great.

I'm happy to provide more info. It doesn't look like webdavfs can be
configured to run through a proxy so is tcpdump the call?

Alon

Re: problem: OS X mounting webdav as read only

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
Most likely this is due to the SimpleFileStore implementation. I
remember having some problems with this as well. I have done some work
based on your initial contribution and have created WCK with a file
store reference implementation. Perhaps you want to try that out?

Oliver