Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by jjimeno <jj...@omp.com> on 2021/05/01 09:17:36 UTC

Re: Ignite 2.10. Performance tests in Azure

It's strange, as that's not what is stated in the documentation:

https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/key-value-api/basic-cache-operations#atomic-operations
<https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/key-value-api/basic-cache-operations#atomic-operations>

otherwise, why would we need specific transactional caches?

Regarding collocated computing:  We have to work in C++ and, since Ignite
nodes use Java, I don't see how it is possible to send a C++ piece of code
(like a lambda) so that it gets executed within the node...

Re: Ignite 2.10. Performance tests in Azure

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
> otherwise, why would we need specific transactional caches?

Transactional caches rollback the update in the event of failure; atomic caches do not.

> Regarding collocated computing:  We have to work in C++ and, since Ignite
> nodes use Java, I don't see how it is possible to send a C++ piece of code
> (like a lambda) so that it gets executed within the node...

With C++ you’d need to deploy the code in advance.

You’re talking about peer-class loading, but that’s not a necessary part of colocated computing.

Regards,
Stephen