Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Hideki Shima <hi...@cs.cmu.edu> on 2011/06/03 20:20:30 UTC

Broken links at downloads.html page

Dear uima.apache.org maintainer,

When I search in google with the query "apache uima cas editor download",
The top page I get is:
http://uima.apache.org/downloads.html
which seems to be the template file for the following URL:
http://uima.apache.org/downloads.cgi

In the first page, download links are all broken.
In the html source, I see [preferred], [locatoin], [if-any http] etc.

I heard at least two people complaining that UIMA download page
doesn't work, probably because of this issue.

I would recommend hiding the template file, or restrict it from
being indexed by robots such as by adding "noindex" meta-tag.

Best regards,

Hideki Shima

===============================
Hideki Shima
Graduate Research Assistant
Language Technologies Institute
Carnegie Mellon University
Email: hideki@cs.cmu.edu
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~hideki

Re: Broken links at downloads.html page

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Thank you for your note.  I've added the no-index meta info to the template
version of the file.

-Marshall