Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Wei Wang <xw...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/17 12:12:15 UTC

Spark on Yarn or Mesos?

Hi, there

I would like to know is there any differences between Spark on Yarn and
Spark on Mesos. Is there any comparision between them? What are the
advantages and disadvantages for each of them. Is there any criterion for
choosing between Yarn and Mesos?

BTW, we need MPI in our framework, and I saw MPICH2 is included in Mesos.
Should it be the reason for choosing Mesos?

Thanks a lot!

Weida

Re: Spark on Yarn or Mesos?

Posted by Andrew Ash <an...@andrewash.com>.