Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kannan Ekanath <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/14 06:54:02 UTC

Maven site plugin not connecting the projects and children properly

Hi,
Maven 2.0.4
I am trying to use the "mvn site" target for generating the site. Before
configuring pmd, cobertura etc, I want a basic report of my project. I have
a root project called the "server" which has two modules "domain" and
"webapp". These modules are configured in the server's pom.xml and the
module level pom's have their "parent" configured. (The version being
0.1-SNAPSHOT for all modules and project)

When I run the mvn site, it first generates a site for the root server and
then generates site for the modules. However, When I open the index.html in
the server's target/site directory, I see that it has links to the modules
but when I click on them it points to maven.apache.org instead of the
relative path to the module's site directory. There was no error while
generating this site, and I can see the site folder inside each and every
module. (Only the links between the parent project's site/index.html to the
module level index.html is missing)

Can someone please let me know about what I can do about this?

PS: Please advice if there is a specific plugin mailing list for maven site
in case this is not the right forum

Kannan Ekanath

Re: Maven site plugin not connecting the projects and children properly

Posted by Kannan Ekanath <ka...@gmail.com>.
I seem to have got it work with some tweakings (Not sure if that was how it
was supposed to be used). I set the property stagingDirectory to be some
folder and then issued a

mvn site:stage-deploy and it generated a site folder with parents and
children linked together.

I am planning to use this as part of a CI server build (a website that is
created like every time a continuous server does a build).

Thanks,
Kannann

Posted by Kannan Ekanath <ka...@gmail.com>.
Dennis,

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kannan,

I think that you have something like that in your pom.xml:

<project>
  [...]
  <url>maven.apache.org</url>
  [...]

</project>

If so, just remove the url node.

Rémy

Re: Maven site plugin not connecting the projects and children properly

Posted by Kannan Ekanath <ka...@gmail.com>.
Anurada,
Doing a site:deploy did not help. When I did site:deploy with the following
snippet
       <site>
            <id>website</id>
            <url>
                file://localhost/D:/bobquote/site
            </url>
        </site>
It created sites for all modules as well as the root project in that folder
but it still did not connect the links between the parent project and the
modules.

I tried a mvn site-stage, I had to change the url to just "site" and only
then it will stage it under the target directory. There the link to the
modules are changed from "maven.apache.org" but however it was still
pointing to the wrong relative directory (It was pointing to the module
directory relative to site directory of the project but the maven goal had
actually created module level files in their own target folder). Overall,
the link has changed from maven.apache.org to a module level path, which
still is inaccurate.

Is there something that needs to be configured?
Thanks,
Kannan

Posted by "Sinduria,Anuradha" <An...@securecomputing.com>.