Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rob Outar <ro...@ideorlando.org> on 2003/08/07 18:56:17 UTC

Checkpointable Index

Hi all,

	We have sandboxed file system which Lucene indexes.  Periodically we dump
the file system to disk (checkpoint it); can a Lucene index be checkpointed
then restored and used?  Currently we simply rebuild the index since it only
takes a few minutes.  But we would like the user to be able to take a
snapshot of that file system and restore and use it without rebuilding the

	Let me know.

Thanks,

Rob

Re: Checkpointable Index

Posted by Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
As long as you finish any index operations when you checkpoint it,
there should be any problems.  A Lucene index is just regular ol'
filesystem files just like everything else, so there is no problem
storing it off and using it later.

	Erik

Re: Checkpointable Index

Posted by Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>.