Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Andre F de Miranda <af...@fucs.org> on 2015/10/12 15:29:11 UTC

Custom classpath (using MapR-FS in lieu of HDFS)

Hi there,

First post in here so please... you know the drill.

I was wondering: What is the recommended approach to add custom
classes to NiFi on load time?

Reason I ask is simple: Our HDFS store is in fact a MapR-FS store and
as such I need to use the proprietary MapR client and Hadoop JARs on
the client software.

Usually this is achieved via add-on shims, rebuild (using maven
artifacts) and in some rare cases, fully supported out of the box! :-)

I am finding a bit difficult to setup the NiFI <-> MapR linkage
without tainting the NiFi distribution folder structure and was
wondering what is the recommended approach?

I thank you in advance

Re: Custom classpath (using MapR-FS in lieu of HDFS)

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Epic is your google profile picture.

No problem - we're here to help.

For the Hadoop distros we just need to make it easy for folks to
interact with their distro of choice.  You should be able to drag the
HDFS processors onto the graph and select 'distro/provider','version',
etc.. and go to town.  Same system should work with multiple
providers.

Thanks
Joe

Posted by Andre F de Miranda <af...@fucs.org>.
Joe,

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Andre,

Posted by Andre F de Miranda <af...@fucs.org>.
Oleg,

Yes, you are on the right track. The question is how to use custom
classes on existing NiFi bundles / release packages without creating a
code mess.

>From what I understand I could simply use Maven to compile a MapR
friendly version of NiFi but some solutions are happy with basic mods
to existing code:

https://www.balabit.com/sites/default/files/documents/syslog-ng-ose-latest-guides/en/syslog-ng-ose-guide-admin/html/destination-hdfs-maprfs.html
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSMK_7.1.0/mapreduce_integration/mapr.dita
http://answers.mapr.com/questions/163588/reading-maprfs-from-spark.html