Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Philip Saville <p_...@msn.com> on 2004/07/29 03:57:36 UTC

RE: Using Maven to customize deployment - How to remove defaultPSML?

Thanks Eric.

Can I make a comment - please make it possible to remove directories
too... I am trying to create a portal site with the PSML and content
totally "role" and/or "group" driven.

My goal is to use the "role" based PSML to catch all "User" or
"Contributor" pages required for standard portal access.

Then have content groups that people can request access too... Then they
can view the new pages (tabs/panes???)... Each lot of content I would
like to have controlled by my local CVS, and be able to deploy the
latest portal using maven. Although DB based PSML would be the best - I
guess a development file based server plus the uploading of PSML to the
production version of the server might handle that... I could include
some kind of approval process too :)

If someone has 30mins to explain to me how those different components
and role/group resources interact, I would really appreciate it.
Something that caught me off guard is the customizing of a role based
rolled-up page creates a new PSML resource for the current user :(  Can
that be controlled? I am starting to understand why that would happen
and I think I need to structure my PSML resources correctly so the
rolling up doesn't look really bad, or can be forced to look a
particular way.

Thanks again and best regards,
Philip