Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org> on 2015/01/21 05:33:36 UTC

Will cut 1.0.0 RC1 this week (possibly tomorrow)

Just a quick heads up,

We are approaching a conclusion to the important issue HBASE-12728. There
are no more blockers to the next RC from what I can see from [1]. So I will
cut the RC1 for 1.0.0 release shortly after when we commit HBASE-12728.

The unit tests are not in the best shape, but I am trying to see whether
that is a blocker as well. In the mean time if you want a particular issue
to be included, please mark it with fixVersion = 1.0.0 and/or ping me.

Lastly, for HBASE-12782, I will try to reproduce it from my side as well,
but we should continue with the RC in the meantime I think. If we find out
that it is critical to fix, we can sink the RC when we find the root cause
(or defer to 1.0.1) if needed. Let me know what you think.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-12728?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%201.0.0%20AND%20project%20%3D%20HBASE%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

Cheers,
Enis

Re: Will cut 1.0.0 RC1 this week (possibly tomorrow)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 8:33 PM, Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org> wrote:

> Lastly, for HBASE-12782, I will try to reproduce it from my side as well,
> but we should continue with the RC in the meantime I think. If we find out
> that it is critical to fix, we can sink the RC when we find the root cause
> (or defer to 1.0.1) if needed. Let me know what you think.

 Agree.
St.Ack

Re: Will cut 1.0.0 RC1 this week (possibly tomorrow)

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
Would be great to bring out jetty dependency into the modern era for this
release. I'm not sure how much work it will be if we're inheriting this
from Hadoop though.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,