Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Michael C. Lee Jr." <ml...@hotmail.com> on 2003/06/01 05:11:01 UTC

Re: [Friday]What is your yahoo?

Hey Mark, I know you love to flame people for asking stupid questions (I
don't like doing other people's research either so i don't blame you) so I
was surprised you responded to his statement so quickly.
Vic:"But.... irc does work with Mac and Linux..... Yahoo chat does not. so
it's a
toss up"
This was EXTREMELY difficult to find but I found it;
http://messenger.yahoo.com/
On this very difficult to find URL it has links to downloads for the windows
verison...
and the mac
and unix with the flavors of linux, solaris and freeBSD.
And if for some reason your not one of the 99.99% of people out there that
use one of these operating systems then maybe you can just use the web
version (java applet).
Yahoo IM kicks ass. Free, has voice and web cam and it has voice
conferencing which kicks ass for gaming. Best of all, works well across most
networks (MSN IM often has problems unles you specifically open it up).
Mike

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <vc...@baseBeans.com>.

Michael C. Lee Jr. wrote:

>SNIP
>Vic:"But.... irc does work with Mac and Linux..... Yahoo chat does not. so
>it's a
>toss up"
>This was EXTREMELY difficult to find but I found it;
>http://messenger.yahoo.com/
>On this very difficult to find URL it has links to downloads for the windows
>version...
>and the mac
>and unix with the flavors of linux, solaris and freeBSD.

Safe to assume that most people on the list can surf the web.
They all can *  messenge * to a single person, but can't * chat * as a
group, only windows version of  Yahoo lets you chat, others only message
to a single person.
Maybe next time assume people are not trying to mislead, and give them a
chance that they might know as much as you do.
Also, if I was wrong.... possible!, you can be a bit nicer at least on
the list  (Ex: "there is an alternative to consider ... " )

>And if for some reason your not one of the 99.99% of people out there that
>use one of these operating systems then maybe you can just use the web
>version (java applet).
>Yahoo IM kicks ass. Free, has voice and web cam and it has voice
>conferencing which kicks ass for gaming. Best of all, works well across most
>networks (MSN IM often has problems unles you specifically open it up).

Is it possible that you are confusing MS IM with IRC?  No one was
talking about using MS IM. We tried to use Yahoo first and it did not work.