Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Marc de Oliveira <Ma...@deOliveira.dk> on 2005/08/18 17:55:18 UTC

=12 becomes other character in Outlook Express

I have noticed that mails containing the string "=12" get the "=12" string
converted to a special character (displayed as a square) when being opened
by Outlook Express.

The mail placed in the receiver's James inbox folder is not converted, so it
seems to happen when the file is opened by Outlook Express.

Has anybody seen this? Can it be avoided?

- Marc

Re: =12 becomes other character in Outlook Express

Posted by Marc de Oliveira <Ma...@deOliveira.dk>.
Well, it obviously does not happen when sending the mail from Outlook
Express...

My problem happens when I generate the mail programatically.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Marc

Posted by Hans Liebenberg <ha...@cambrient.com>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk>.
> I guess that's it. I fixed the problem by setting

Yuk, 8bit is nasty some mailservers may break your message.

d.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient) please notify us immediately on 0141 306 2050 and delete the message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it or use or disclose its contents to any other person. As Internet communications are capable of data corruption Student Loans Company Limited does not accept any  responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. For this reason it may be inappropriate to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining written confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans Company Limited or the sender accepts any liability or responsibility for viruses as it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Opinions and views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions and views of The Student Loans Company Limit
 ed.

Re: =12 becomes other character in Outlook Express

Posted by Marc de Oliveira <Ma...@deOliveira.dk>.
I guess that's it. I fixed the problem by setting

Thanks,
Marc

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
> I know I can write a custom mailet/matcher to do this but was
> wondering if James has any build in support for personalisation.

No, James in its standard distribution does not have mail-merge features,
sorry.

Stefano

Posted by Hans Liebenberg <ha...@cambrient.com>.
Hi,

Is it possible to configure the mailing list within James to do basic
personalisation in a message. E.g
To relpace a placehoilder with the guys first name. So that the message says

Hi Bob,

[the message here]

I know I can write a custom mailet/matcher to do this but was wondering if
James has any build in support for personalisation.

Thanks
Hans

Re: =12 becomes other character in Outlook Express

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.