Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Emi <em...@encs.concordia.ca> on 2016/03/22 19:55:17 UTC

tiles2.2.2 error for Struts 2.3.28 GA

Hello,
> - Tiles 2 Plugin was upgraded to latest available Tiles 2 version, see WW-4568
tiles3.x, everything success.

For tiles2.2.2, after migrating from2.3.24.1 to 2.3.28, got the
following error:

org.apache.tiles.definition.NoSuchDefinitionException: login_page

But "login_page" is in tiles-login.xml file(no change).

    <context-param>
         <param-name>
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.DEFINITIONS_CONFIG
         </param-name>
<param-value>/WEB-INF/tiles/tiles-login.xml</param-value>
    </context-param>

For the new version, do I have to change something for tiles
configuration with struts?

Re: tiles2.2.2 error for Struts 2.3.28 GA

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> Hello,
>>
>> - Tiles 2 Plugin was upgraded to latest available Tiles 2 version, see
>> WW-4568
>
> tiles3.x, everything success.
>
> For tiles2.2.2, after migrating from2.3.24.1 to 2.3.28, got the following
> error:
>
> org.apache.tiles.definition.NoSuchDefinitionException: login_page
>
> But "login_page" is in tiles-login.xml file(no change).
>
>    <context-param>
>         <param-name>
> org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.DEFINITIONS_CONFIG
>         </param-name>
> <param-value>/WEB-INF/tiles/tiles-login.xml</param-value>
>    </context-param>
>
> For the new version, do I have to change something for tiles configuration
> with struts?

Here you have an example how to configure
https://github.com/apache/struts-examples/blob/master/tiles/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

Right now Struts Tiles plugin by default loads all "tiles*.xml" defintionions
https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/master/plugins/tiles/src/main/java/org/apache/struts2/tiles/StrutsTilesContainerFactory.java#L98

Just remember to use proper DTD
https://github.com/apache/struts-examples/blob/master/tiles/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/tiles.xml

Regards