Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/08/26 07:58:07 UTC

[ApacheDS] BadDn tests don't test bad DNs

Hey Emmanuel,

While looking at the BadDnItest in server-unit I noticed that the DNs are OK
but really are
just non-existent DNs.  Perhaps we can name the methods so this is more
clear and add
the test case for the malformed DN.

At this point I think your malformed DN test is commented out.  I did not
know if you left it
this way purposfully but I got worried since you marked the JIRA issue as
fixed.  Perhaps
you just forgot this commented?

Alex

Re: [ApacheDS] BadDn tests don't test bad DNs

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Hi Emmanuel,

On 8/26/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> looking at the logs, I can tell you that I never touched BadDN  at
> all, except to update the headers, and that the test has been
> commented on feb 2006 by you. I have no idea why.

Hehe I thought you wrote this for 1033 in fact.  Ok cool perhaps we
can consolidate tests for bad DN values into this test or move its
tests somewhere else removing the whole test class?

We can for sure create a new test for malformed DNs, and find better
> names, it could help. Tell me if you want me to do it on monday.

Hey if you're interested go for it.

However, I have to thank you for having fixed DIRSERVER-1033, because
> you fixed a bug which was not exactly easy to find !

Hey thanks!  This thing took me like over 4 hours.  The bug was sooo
unrelated to the
behavoir it threw me off for a while.

Alex

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

looking at the logs, I can tell you that I never touched BadDN  at
all, except to update the headers, and that the test has been
commented on feb 2006 by you. I have no idea why.

We can for sure create a new test for malformed DNs, and find better
names, it could help. Tell me if you want me to do it on monday.

However, I have to thank you for having fixed DIRSERVER-1033, because
you fixed a bug which was not exactly easy to find !

On 8/26/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hey Emmanuel,
>
> While looking at the BadDnItest in server-unit I noticed that the DNs are OK
> but really are
> just non-existent DNs.  Perhaps we can name the methods so this is more
> clear and add
> the test case for the malformed DN.
>
> At this point I think your malformed DN test is commented out.  I did not
> know if you left it
> this way purposfully but I got worried since you marked the JIRA issue as
> fixed.  Perhaps
> you just forgot this commented?
>
> Alex

Cordialement,