Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by VERMEULEN Olivier <Ol...@murex.com> on 2019/11/15 16:31:27 UTC

Broker-J statistics and CPU consumption

Hello,

We're using the Broker-J 7.1.3.
Looking at the statistics provided by /api/latest/broker/getStatistics, I don't see anything related to the CPU consumption.
Did I miss something or this information is not provided?

Thanks,
Olivier
*******************************
This e-mail contains information for the intended recipient only. It may contain proprietary material or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorized to distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it. Murex cannot guarantee that it is virus free and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its use. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify immediately the sender and delete the original email received, any attachments and all copies from your system.

Re: Broker-J statistics and CPU consumption

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 at 22:37, VERMEULEN Olivier <Ol...@murex.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Rob.
>
> This will help us a lot in monitoring the brokers.
> By the way, any chance we can get something similar on the dispatch-router
> side?

Probably worth starting a separate thread on that topic, as it's likely
that the Dispatch developers will skip this thread due to its title :-)

-- Rob

Posted by VERMEULEN Olivier <Ol...@murex.com>.
Thanks Rob.

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olivier,

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olivier,

no - there is nothing on CPU consumption.  I don't believe there is any
standard way to get the CPU consumption from a Java process.

The closest I can find is that if the platform implementation of
OperatingSystemMXBean implements com.sun.management.OperatingSystemMXBean
then it will provide a long getProcessCpuTime() method.

Theoretically that could be added to the BrokerAttributeInjector in the
Qpid Broker-J codebase (in the same style as the other statistics are added
in that class).

-- Rob