Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Harold H. Hibbert" <hh...@bioinfogen.com> on 2012/04/25 06:21:16 UTC

Tomcat fails on forwarded IP Address

Hello,

I am using Tomcat 7.0.25 running on Windows 7 64-bit.

The port for my Tomcat server is 8181.

I have had my IP Address forwarded to a public IP address and the Tomcat server is not visible.

Whenever
 I try to connect to the Tomcat page from another computer located
anywhere, I get "The connection has timed out" message in my browser.
Locally, all is well, localhost:8181 show the Tomcat page, same as using
 the IP Address:8181.

The Apache server is visible to other
machines, just Tomcat is not. Are there any configuration issues with
Tomcat and forwarded IP Addresses?

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Tomcat fails on forwarded IP Address

Posted by "Harold H. Hibbert" <hh...@bioinfogen.com>.
Dear Chuck,

Thanks for the reply.

I did mean the reverse, and it was an issue with Windows and Firewall management.

Cheers

> I have had my IP Address forwarded to a public IP address

I hope you mean the reverse, since the above doesn't make sense.

> Are there any configuration issues with Tomcat and forwarded IP Addresses?

Sounds like the port is being blocked by a firewall on your Windows system.

- Chuck

RE: Tomcat fails on forwarded IP Address

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.