Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ramanan Ramadoss <Ra...@exostar.com> on 2003/09/18 18:11:23 UTC

Port 443 request not forwarded to Tomcat from Apache

Hi,
    I am trying to configure apache 2.0.46 to accept  request on port 443
and route it to tomcat 4.1.27 using mod_jk. I am not using ssl yet, but it
looks like calls are not forwarded to Tomcat from Apache. I am following
step 1 of the following URL.
                   http://raibledesigns.com/tomcat/ssl-howto.html

http:localhost:443 works but http:localhost:443/application where the
application is served by Tomcat does not work.
Both of the above url work if  I use port 80 instead of 443.

Any help or pointers is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ramanan Ramadoss

Re: Port 443 request not forwarded to Tomcat from Apache

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
The most common reason is that you have your JkMount statements nested in
the VirtualHost for port 80.  If so, then you need to copy them to the
VirtualHost for port 443 as well.

Of course, without knowing your configuration, all I can do is guess ;-).

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.