Posted to user@aries.apache.org by viola lu <vi...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/31 13:25:56 UTC

Questions about aries blueprint pom.xml and application-resolver-obr module

Hi, Aries:

 1.I found that a piece of code about  test support depenedency in
blueprint-core pom.xml
<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.aries.testsupport</groupId>
        <artifactId>org.apache.aries.testsupport.unit</artifactId>
        <version>0.3</version>
      </dependency>

This module should be in test scope as other modules, right?

2. In application-resolver-obr pom.xml,
only org.apache.aries.application.resolver.obr.ext is exported,
but org.apache.aries.application.resolver.obr not,
why? org.apache.aries.application.resolver.obr should be xported also
<aries.osgi.export.pkg>
            org.apache.aries.application.resolver.obr.ext;
        </aries.osgi.export.pkg>
--
viola

Re: Questions about aries blueprint pom.xml and application-resolver-obr module

Posted by Emily Jiang <em...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Viola,

The package of org.apache.aries.application.resolver.obr contains the
implementation for the interface of AriesApplicationResolver. One of the
OSGi best pactices is: not to export the implementation class but to share
its service. The service it provided is shared via blueprint.
<bean id="obr-resolver"
class="org.apache.aries.application.resolver.obr.OBRAriesResolver" ...>

</bean>
<service ref="obr-resolver"
interface="org.apache.aries.application.management.spi.resolve.AriesApplicationResolver"/>
The other bundles can then access the service.

Hope this helps.

Emily

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:25 PM, viola lu <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Aries:
>
>  1.I found that a piece of code about  test support depenedency in
> blueprint-core pom.xml
> <dependency>
>         <groupId>org.apache.aries.testsupport</groupId>
>         <artifactId>org.apache.aries.testsupport.unit</artifactId>
>         <version>0.3</version>
>       </dependency>
>
> This module should be in test scope as other modules, right?
>
> 2. In application-resolver-obr pom.xml,
> only org.apache.aries.application.resolver.obr.ext is exported,
> but org.apache.aries.application.resolver.obr not,
> why? org.apache.aries.application.resolver.obr should be xported also
> <aries.osgi.export.pkg>
>             org.apache.aries.application.resolver.obr.ext;
>         </aries.osgi.export.pkg>
> --

 The package

--