Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by "Bae, Jae Hyeon" <me...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/29 05:59:32 UTC

Mahout 0.4 compilation error

Hi everybody

While compiling Mahout distribution 0.4, the following compilation occurred

Downloading:
http://google-gson.googlecode.com/svn/mavenrepo/org/apache/mahout/mahout-math/0.4/mahout-math-0.4-tests.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource
'org.apache.mahout:mahout-math:test-jar:tests:0.4' in repository gson (
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/mahout/mahout-math/0.4/mahout-math-0.4-tests.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource
'org.apache.mahout:mahout-math:test-jar:tests:0.4' in repository
maven2-repository.maven.org (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
Downloading:
http://download.java.net/maven/2/org/apache/mahout/mahout-math/0.4/mahout-math-0.4-tests.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource
'org.apache.mahout:mahout-math:test-jar:tests:0.4' in repository
maven2-repository.dev.java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/2)
Downloading:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/mahout/mahout-math/0.4/mahout-math-0.4-tests.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource
'org.apache.mahout:mahout-math:test-jar:tests:0.4' in repository Apache
Releases (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases)
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/mahout/mahout-math/0.4/mahout-math-0.4-tests.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource
'org.apache.mahout:mahout-math:test-jar:tests:0.4' in repository central (
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.mahout:mahout-math:test-jar:tests:0.4

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.mahout
-DartifactId=mahout-math -Dversion=0.4 -Dclassifier=tests
-Dpackaging=test-jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.mahout
-DartifactId=mahout-math -Dversion=0.4 -Dclassifier=tests
-Dpackaging=test-jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.mahout:mahout-core:jar:0.4
        2) org.apache.mahout:mahout-math:test-jar:tests:0.4

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.mahout:mahout-core:jar:0.4

from the specified remote repositories:
  gson (http://google-gson.googlecode.com/svn/mavenrepo),
  maven2-repository.maven.org (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
  maven2-repository.dev.java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/2),
  Apache snapshots (http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository)

Where can I find those above two jar files?

Thank you!!!

Best, Jay

Re: Mahout 0.4 compilation error

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
The correct way to avoid testing (AFAIK) is

   mvn -DskipTests install

Profiles scare me.

Posted by "Bae, Jae Hyeon" <me...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you're correct. I just tried "mvn install -P fastinstall" to skip
testing.

I didn't know test jar files were generated after a bunch of unit tests.

Thank you for your help!!!

Best, Jay

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.