Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/11 19:36:48 UTC

Re: Build is broken after 654993 (Applying SHINDIG-257, contributed by Brian Eaton.)

Hi Santiago,

Yes I second.
Hope to see a zone and a CI soon :)

Cheers,

Vincent

Posted by Brian Eaton <be...@google.com>.
The https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-257 bug has more
commentary on this.  Summary:

- it was broken for non-english locales
- Santiago fixed that
- it was still broken for some weird cases like parsing an expires
header with a non-GMT timezone, followed by formatting a date.
- I've attached a patch that switches to Joda that should fix that problem.

I really hate SimpleDateTimeFormat.  Nothing with that many weird
corner cases can be called Simple.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

Posted by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com>.

--