Posted to triplesoup-dev@incubator.apache.org by David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk> on 2007/04/28 21:39:00 UTC

Example/test

Guys,

I added building of bproc and rdf2b tonight, but what we really need is
something that uses them so their validity and working can be checked.
As they were donated, maybe someone from Joost can jump in with
something suitable?

I'll look at adding rdfstore soon as well.

As others know the contributed codebases from Joost better than I do -
what else needs to be imported into the trunk and any suggestions where
it should go?

david

Re: Example/test

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Apr 28, 2007, at 11:39 PM, David Reid wrote:
> I added building of bproc and rdf2b tonight,

cool.

> but what we really need is
> something that uses them so their validity and working can be checked.

Yep. I was thinking we might try and create an example application
that would be a good starting point for talking about how we want
things to work.

> As they were donated, maybe someone from Joost can jump in with
> something suitable?

B already comes with a few basic tests (and docs too) that we didn't
port to trunk yet. I was hoping to look into that tomorrow at the
apachecon europe hackathon!

> I'll look at adding rdfstore soon as well.

Kewl. Note rdfstore is, ehm, sizeable. I don't think we just want to
add all the code, but put some method to the madness and merge in the
pieces we'd want or need. In particular it seems interesting to see
how quickly some of the db code can be made to support the redland
interface. That'd provide a good way to compare.

RDFStore comes with a lot of real-world tests; but a lot of those
might not correspond to the latest SPARQL protocols yet. I've been
reading, but it needs more detail.

> As others know the contributed codebases from Joost better than I do -
> what else needs to be imported into the trunk and any suggestions
> where
> it should go?

None yet, but I sure hope to have some more clear ideas on this
soon :-).

cheers,

Leo