Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Alka Beniwal <be...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/13 08:27:44 UTC

Difference between JCloud 2.0.0 SNAPSHOT and JCloud 1.8.1

Hi,

I just want to know will it make any difference if I follow JCLoud 2.0.0
SNAPSHOT instead of JCloud 1.8.1 as I want to use very latest work of
JCloud.

AB

Re: Difference between JCloud 2.0.0 SNAPSHOT and JCloud 1.8.1

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
> We are developing for Java version 7.Where can i find the head repository
> for 1.8.1??Is it the same 2.0.0 SNAPSHOT?

The 1.8.x releases are being cut from the 1.8.x branch [1]. Once 1.8.1
is out, 1.8.2-SNAPSHOT releases should start being published to the
Apache snapshot repo.

ap

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/tree/1.8.x

Re: Difference between JCloud 2.0.0 SNAPSHOT and JCloud 1.8.1

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> I just want to know will it make any difference if I follow JCLoud 2.0.0
> SNAPSHOT instead of JCloud 1.8.1 as I want to use very latest work of
> JCloud.

Yes, it will make a difference: 1.8.0 (and soon 1.8.1) are fixed
versions, 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT is built regularly from the master branch and
so can change at any minute.

Note that master (and so 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT) does not support Java 6 at
this point, but 1.8.0 does. Which Java version(s) are you developing
for?

Regards

ap