Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Carlos González <cg...@extendnow.com> on 2003/07/09 12:55:15 UTC

AXIS IN PRODUCTION MODE

Experts,

I am Carlos González-Cadenas, Chief Architect of e-xtendforce, an
organization related to an important bank here in Spain.
We are evaluating axis in order to use it in our production systems, but
before, I would like to hear some comments about the following issues

*stability
*throughput (how many requests per second can theoretically handle...)
*best configuration (i.e. load-balancing, hardware config, jvm tuning...)
*recommended version to install

I would very pleased to hear all your comments, thoughts and ideas.

Thank you very much in advance.

Carlos González-Cadenas
Chief Architect
e-xtendforce

---

complex data type strategy

Posted by Andreas Bohnert <ab...@online.de>.
AXIS IN PRODUCTION MODEHi,

I'm study axis for some days now and I'm still unsure about the strategy I should use to build up my services/clients.
lets say my client asks me for some data which is hierarchic organised:

normally i would like to provide him an operation with a return value of A[], like this:

A1
   B1
   B2
     C1
   /B2
/A1

this works fine (at least with rpc style...)

but sometimes I just want to send him B[]:

B2
  C1
/B2

or just

C1

do I have to provide operations for each case or is there a way to use one operation for all cases?
I know, I could use axis's message type and pass/parse all elements with more flexability, but i really would like to use the rpc or document style.

thanks for any advice!
andreas