Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sangeetha <ma...@comneti.com> on 2007/01/08 10:43:42 UTC

help need for proceeding jmeter...

Hi,

    I need some ideas about jmeter.Here below i explain what are the
procedures i followed for using jmeter.

              1 first i set the path for jmeter in environment variable
settings(d:/jmeter/bin/).is it right?if any other classpath or path
variables are set?
              2.after that i start my tomcat server and copy my application
jars from server and paste it into the jmeter/lib/ext....
              3.Then next am using windows so i run jmeter.bat file ,and
also get the jmeter screen.Here i have entered thread field,and right
click--->choose http requests.
              4.In this http request screen servername:localhost,  port :
8080 , path :/application/LoginPage.jsp
              5.then next i choose http defaults request field and entered
the same details as http request.
              6.Then select view tree ,view result in table and graphical
view in liseners.
              7.Save this test plan and run---->start

i dont get any exception...but my application doesn't open...only jsp page
is available in the tree view...but when i give username and password and
click the login button it doen't go to the next page.
In my application it is fully gui based ...it dont have any webpages for
gui...webpage is only used for running through browser.but login page have
only the address bar...the next directly it goes to the GUI.

      So can anyone give me the clear idea about how to go next step....Then
also tell me all the about steps are correct or wrong ...If any steps i
missed give me that step.

Thanks in advance
sangeetha

Re: help need for proceeding jmeter...

Posted by asn_dileep <as...@yahoo.co.in>.
I think, we doesn't need to setup class path for Jmeter. You should need to
download updated Jmeter software and should also update your Java version

Try out this...
1) In Jmeter, Create Thread Group. Right click on Thread Group ->Logical
Controller -> Recording Controller.

2) Now, Right click on WorkBench Add ->Non-Test Elements -> HTTP Proxy
Server

3) In 'HTTP Proxy Server' page, default port number is 8080. Default Target
Controller is selected as 'Use Recording Controller'. Don't change those
values. Click on Start button in 'HTTP Proxy Server' page

4) Open browser and click on Tools ->Internet Options -> Connections -> Lan
Settings. Click on 'Use a proxy server....' check box and enter your system
IP adress and port number as 8080.

5) Enter application URL and hit enter. It takes some time to load your
page. Once your page is getting loaded, you can see that your page is
getting recorded into Jmeter (Look into Recording Controller).

6) Enter username and password and click on submit or into your application.
Do some inputs and save into your application.

7) Now, click on stop button in 'HTTP Proxy Server' page. Reset changes in
your browser.

8) Right click on Thread Group -> Add -> Listener -> View Result Tree

9) Right click on Thread Group -> Add -> Config Element -> HTTP Cookie
Manager. In this HTTP cookie manager, check on the check box for 'Clear
cookies each iteration?'

10) From top menu, Run -> Start .... You can see the out put in View Result
Tree screen..

Hope this will work out..