Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by neo21 zerro <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2012/01/27 11:58:15 UTC

Question about mapReduce.

      Hello,

  I'm really new to Hadoop and I was wondering if the MAP reduce programming model  from Hadoop is  a good choice only for processing large amount of data, from a file, database or a queue? Thanks!

Re: Question about mapReduce.

Posted by Ronald Petty <ro...@gmail.com>.
neo21 zerro,
*
*
Hadoop may or may not be able to help you based on your problem
specification.  Based on your statement "processes big data files" it
should be able to help.  Relating to that, I am unclear why HDFS is an
issue?  As for queues and databases, can you describe what you have in mind?
I think someone can provide you more concrete information (even about
Hadoop proper) with some more details on your specific concerns.

Regards.

Ron
*
*