Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Hassan Mushtaq <ha...@ghg.com> on 2005/02/14 19:58:01 UTC

Printing using FOP

Hi:
   I can not simply print using FOP. I first tried FopPrintServlet, it gave
IllegalArgument Exception, and I checked API, and found out that setRenderer
does not RENDRER_PRINT in as its parameter. Then I went through mailing list
archives, and some body suggested to use PrinterJob, and then instantiate
AWTRendrer with that. But the problem is that AWTRenderer is expecting
Translator, not printer job.

Anyway, I am using FOP 0.20.5, so kindly can someone tell me how to do
direct print using FOP? Thanks

Hassan Mushtaq

RE: Printing using FOP

Posted by Hassan Mushtaq <ha...@ghg.com>.
Thanks Sascha, your guidance was quite helpful and is appreciated. It is
working now.

Hassan Mushtaq

Have a look at source code of class org.apache.fop.apps.PrintStarter. It
should give you a good start point.

Sascha

NORTHBIT
Sascha Schmidt