Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by HalfBloodPrince <Ab...@confluxsys.com> on 2018/06/04 06:16:59 UTC

OutOfMemory:GC overhead limit exceeded, In ActiveMQ InactivityMonitor ReadCheckTimer

Hi,
I am running ActiveMQ 5.15.2 on the server.
After every 6-7 hours, my server throws an error. And except ActiveMQ, all
other Processes goes down.
Please, can anyone tell me why this is happening?

I am getting an error as follow:
*Exception in thread "ajp-nio-8009-ClientPoller-1" Exception in thread
"http-nio-8080-Acceptor-0" Exception in thread "ActiveMQ InactivityMonitor
ReadCheckTimer" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
        at
java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.iterator(Collections.java:1038)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$Poller.timeout(NioEndpoint.java:933)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$Poller.run(NioEndpoint.java:753)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
02-Jun-2018 05:00:33.421 WARNING [messageListenerContainer1-1]
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer.handleListenerSetupFailure
Setup of JMS message listener invoker failed for destination
'jms/ObjectName' - trying to recover. Cause: GC overhead limit exceeded
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
*

How to solve this problem.?

Thanks You
Abhishek

Re: OutOfMemory:GC overhead limit exceeded, In ActiveMQ InactivityMonitor ReadCheckTimer

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
There are two ways to solve OOM problems: 1) just give the process more
memory via the Xmx (and Xms) argument, or 2) use a memory profiler to
identify what is causing more memory than you expect to be used and then
use the results of that analysis to fix whatever it is. The former is
undeniably the easier option if you have enough RAM to do it, but the
latter is the only option if there's a memory leak or if you don't have
enough RAM for the amount of heap you're trying to use.

Unfortunately no one but you is going to be able to do this analysis. Good
luck!

Tim