Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Roger Whitcomb <ro...@rbwhitcomb.com> on 2020/05/10 03:55:42 UTC

Line endings?

Hi all, it has come to my attention as I was working through some of the "check-style" stuff that a bunch of files in "trunk" (on my Mac box) have Windows line endings.  So, I'm guessing that our (my?) svn settings are not correct.  Or is there something else that should be done?  I have identified around 195 files with this problem.  I have coded some stuff in the "trim-whitespace" task that fixes things, and I'm ready to check in this change, but I wanted to get any feedback before I do something stupid ....

Thanks,
~Roger Whitcomb

Re: Line endings?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Line endings has always been a PITA.

If you intend to keep the CRLF for all Java (other?) files, then you need

*.java = svn:eol-style=CRLF

in subversion properties, typically on the project. IIRC, "svn propedit" or
"svn propset" can be used.