Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shalab Goel <Sh...@hyperion.com> on 2007/08/03 00:06:10 UTC

Transport Level Session Management -- is this .NET interop Issue?

Hello,

I have a question about session management.

My Axis client is a consumer of .NET service, I am noticing the
following interoperability issue. The Service is returning Cookie as

Set-Cookie: ASP.NET_SessionId=cml1mh45lc3yzf55flravg45; path=/; HttpOnly

And this is not getting processed by Axis client.

I have also created a test Axis service where I have enabled transport
level sessions. The Cookie gets set here as:

Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=0E2ACECB8CF2E5E91F55B5F8E6CEA150; Path=/axis2

In this case, Axis client is able to return back the sessionid to the
Axis Service.

Appreciate any input on how to work around this issue.

Does Axis provide any API to inspect the incoming Cookies, and set
outgoing Cookies explicitly?

Thanks

Shalab

If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender as soon as possible. The contents of this e-mail may be confidential and the unauthorized use, copying, or dissemination of it and any attachments to it, is prohibited. Internet communications are not secure and Hyperion does not, therefore, accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message nor for any damage caused by viruses. The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of Hyperion. For more information about Hyperion, please visit our Web site at: www.hyperion.com

Re: Transport Level Session Management -- is this .NET interop Issue?

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shalab ,

> Hello,
>
> I have a question about session management.
>
> My Axis client is a consumer of .NET service, I am noticing the
> following interoperability issue. The Service is returning Cookie as
>
> *Set-Cookie: ASP.NET_SessionId=cml1mh45lc3yzf55flravg45; path=/; HttpOnly*

According the the servlet specification it should send the JSESSIONID ,
anyway Axis2 has a way to deal with this as well. So when you send the
request set the following property into the option.
         Options options = new Options();
        options.setProperty(Constants.CUSTOM_COOKIE_ID,"ASP.NET_SessionId");

That will definitely solve the issue. You have to use Axis2 1.3 RC1 or
RC2 for this case.

Thanks
Deepal