Posted to user@commons.apache.org by henrib <he...@apache.org> on 2019/11/01 17:22:46 UTC

Re: [jexl] ETA for Jexl version 3.2?

I was not able to reproduce the problem described in a simple example (see
Issues300Test.java, method test317Tentative). Beware that 3.2 is not as
lenient (as 3.1) with respect to dereferencing nulls (safe option) so you
might now have errors were you previously had null evals.
An actual JIRA ticket with a test case showing the problem is indeed your
next step if you want a solution in 3.2.
Cheers

--
Sent from: http://apache-commons.680414.n4.nabble.com/Commons-User-f735979.html

Re: [jexl] ETA for Jexl version 3.2?

Posted by henrib <he...@apache.org>.
Per your comment and to ease transition for others,  default options in 3.2
trunk are back to be as 'lenient' as 3.1.
I've added a (JexBuilder.setDefaultOptions) method to statically change
those defaults in one call and help validate new flags easily; an explicit
JexlBuilder is always a better option though.
Cheers

Posted by Lukas Schmitt <Lu...@iteratec.com>.
Thanks for your help!

When the builder is created with .safe(true) it works again as with version
3.1.

Perhaps it is additionally worth noting in the release notes that the
default behaviour will effectively change  when dereferencing null values
with version 3.2.

--
Sent from: http://apache-commons.680414.n4.nabble.com/Commons-User-f735979.html