Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Rakesh Sharma <ra...@expedia.com> on 2015/04/21 08:56:16 UTC

Reading RC file using Mapreduce

Hi,

I need to read an RC file in my map reduce using newer Api.

I was trying to use RCFileMapReduceInputFormat, but it seems, it has a bug an rather than returning a single record, it returns the whole file.
May be I am missing out something trivial.

Could you please suggest, what can I use to read records from RC file.
Any pointers or some sample code will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rakesh.

Re: Reading RC file using Mapreduce

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Rakesh, you might get a quicker response if you send this question to
user@hive.apache.org (instead of dev@hive.apache.org) and give more details
about what you have already tried.

-- Lefty

Posted by Rakesh Sharma <ra...@expedia.com>.