Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by M <ma...@prnewswire.co.uk> on 2002/11/06 10:31:04 UTC

symlinks in test build 4.1.14 not working

Hi,

I was testing the 4.1.14 build in the hope it will fix the follow
symlinks outside the basedir problem we have.
With a normal config I can not browse the directory structure or access
files.
With the added Resources tag and allowLinking attribute I can browse the
directories but not retrieve any files.

Below is the relevant extract of the config I'm useing as gleaned by
searching the list:

        <Context path="" docBase="ROOT"
                 debug="0" privileged="false" reloadable="true">
                 directory="logs"
                 prefix="prnj_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>
           <Resources
className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
allowLinking="true" docBase="" />
        </Context>

Martin Sillence
PR Newswire

DL +44 (0)1865 78 5065
F  +44 (0)1865 78 5100
W  www.prnewswire.eu.com
---------------------------------------
Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of PR Newswire Europe. The e-mail
contents are intended only for addressee and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose
this communication and notify the sender.

Re: symlinks in test build 4.1.14 not working

Posted by M <ma...@prnewswire.co.uk>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> M wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was testing the 4.1.14 build in the hope it will fix the follow
> > symlinks outside the basedir problem we have.
> > With a normal config I can not browse the directory structure or access
> > files.
> > With the added Resources tag and allowLinking attribute I can browse the
> > directories but not retrieve any files.
>
> I doubt the case sensitivity check (needed for Windows and OS X, so
> always enabled by default now) is compatible with symlinking. Try
> disabling it to see if it helps (caseSensitive="false").

Spot on. That fixes it, many thanks.

Martin Sillence
PR Newswire

DL +44 (0)1865 78 5065
F  +44 (0)1865 78 5100
W  www.prnewswire.eu.com
---------------------------------------

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
M wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was testing the 4.1.14 build in the hope it will fix the follow
> symlinks outside the basedir problem we have.
> With a normal config I can not browse the directory structure or access
> files.
> With the added Resources tag and allowLinking attribute I can browse the
> directories but not retrieve any files.

I doubt the case sensitivity check (needed for Windows and OS X, so
always enabled by default now) is compatible with symlinking. Try
disabling it to see if it helps (caseSensitive="false").

Remy