Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Cohen <st...@comcast.net> on 2010/12/16 14:42:46 UTC

What scope should source and javadoc dependencies be declared with?

Kind of a newb9ie question:

I wish to update a project to use the later version of a dependency.
There are some incompatibilities and I'd like to try to come up to speed
quickly.  In the past I've simply gone to the project's web site and
browsed or downloaded javadoc and/or source.  But what's the right maven
way to handle this?  None of the scopes' definitions seem to fit this case?

Re: What scope should source and javadoc dependencies be declared with?

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
You don't specify anything, you just either configure m2e to download
sources/javadoc och right-click on the dependency and select
"Maven->Download...".
http://www.sonatype.com/books/m2eclipse-book/reference/dependencies.html#dependencies-sect-downloading-source

/Anders

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.