Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Wenli Ji <we...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/06/22 12:20:54 UTC

Breakpoints only work for the code in installer\bloodhound\Lib\site-packages

Hi Dammina,

One more question, the breakpoints work if I set it under D:\projects\Source07\installer\bloodhound\Lib\site-packages\bhtheme\theme.py

But not working when I put the breakpoints directly to the source code, like D:\projects\Source07\bloodhound_theme\bhtheme\theme.py

Is that normal?

Thanks
Neil

Re: Breakpoints only work for the code in installer\bloodhound\Lib\site-packages

Posted by Wenli Ji <we...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Anze,

I followed your instruction and recreate the virtual env. I works now. The size of site-packages is 20MB now compared almost 40MB before.

I do appreciate your help. Thanks

Regards,
Wenli

On Monday, June 23, 2014 3:28 AM, Anže Starič <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

How did you install Bloodhound requirements?

There are two requirement files, requirements.txt, which copies the
sources to site-packages dir and requirements-dev.txt, which only
creates egg-link files in site-packages and leaves the code where it
is.

It looks like you have installed them from the first file. If you want
to be able to use breakpoints set in the source code, you need to
uninstall (pip uninstall bhtheme) each of the modules you want to set
breakpoints in
 and install them in "development mode", by installing
them from requirements-dev.txt (pip install -r requirements-dev.txt)
or by running python setup.py develop inside their directory
(bloodhound_theme).

If you can afford to delete your virtual env, creating a new one and
installing the requirements with pip install -r requirement-dev.txt
will also fix the issues and is probably way faster.

Anze

Posted by Anže Starič <an...@gmail.com>.