Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2006/08/06 11:42:41 UTC

errors on download page

the lenya download page contains links to ASC and MD5 on the mirrors. it
is *very* important that these links are *not* mirrored and use the
originals. this allows users to check that the artifacts they download
have not been replaced by trojans.

it would also be good if the public keys used to sign the releases were
uploaded to a public key server.

- robert

Re: errors on download page

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
robert burrell donkin wrote:

>the lenya download page contains links to ASC and MD5 on the mirrors.

I guess you mean the links here

http://lenya.apache.org/#download

and here

http://lenya.apache.org/docs/1_2_x/installation/index.html

> it
>is *very* important that these links are *not* mirrored and use the
>originals. this allows users to check that the artifacts they download
>have not been replaced by trojans.

IIUC the ASC and MD5 should only be served from the Lenya website, right?

>it would also be good if the public keys used to sign the releases were
>uploaded to a public key server.

is there any recommended public key server?

I guess it's best if we add this to our release management

http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ProjectReleaseHowTo

and that maybe Antonio as our release manager can take care of it.

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner