Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Molly E McClure <mo...@fmso.navy.mil> on 2003/05/12 15:49:18 UTC

[users@httpd] Rewrite Request

Hi,
We have been working for days and have not found a solution.  We have an
urgent need for assistance with Apache.  Here is our scenario:

We want to access two applications from a single Apache Server.

The target URLs are:

https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil/swm/
https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil/hhgcnlr/

The user can key-in any one of the following host/protocols:

www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil
www.smartwebmove.sd.fisc.navy.mil
smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil
smartwebmove.sd.fisc.navy.mil
https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil
https://www.smartwebmove.sd.fisc.navy.mil
https://smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil
https://smartwebmove.sd.fisc.navy.mil

If the user wants the first application, swm, then they only need to use
the URL.  If they want to use the second, they are required to append
/hhgcnlr

We need help writing the Apache parameters that will accept any of the 8
URLs, translate them to the target and append
the appropriate application name.

Thanks in advance for your support!
Molly

Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Request

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 09:49, Molly E McClure wrote:
> Hi,
> We have been working for days and have not found a solution.  We have an
> urgent need for assistance with Apache.  Here is our scenario:
>
> We want to access two applications from a single Apache Server.
>
> The target URLs are:
>
> https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil/swm/
> https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil/hhgcnlr/
>
> The user can key-in any one of the following host/protocols:
>
> www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil
> www.smartwebmove.sd.fisc.navy.mil
> smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil
> smartwebmove.sd.fisc.navy.mil
> https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil
> https://www.smartwebmove.sd.fisc.navy.mil
> https://smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil
> https://smartwebmove.sd.fisc.navy.mil
>

> If the user wants the first application, swm, then they only need to use
> the URL.

  What URL? Do you mean an plain hostname or hostname/svm?

>  If they want to use the second, they are required to append
> /hhgcnlr

  This seems to imply my first suggestion.

  I must be missing something as I fail to see the problem.
  RedirectMatch ^/svm.*$ https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil/svm/
  RedirectMatch ^/hhgcnlr.*$
                        https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil/hhgcnlr
  (above line wrapped).

  You would need both rules defined in both your http and https hosts.

  HTH