Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> on 2011/08/17 20:06:42 UTC

Re: Question regarding Capacity Scheduler

Moving to mapreduce-user@, bcc common-user@

On Aug 17, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Matt Davies wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm playing around with the Capacity Scheduler (coming from the Fair
> Scheduler), and it appears that a queue with jobs submitted by the same user
> are treated as FIFO.  So, for example, if I submit job1 and job2 to the
> "low" queue as "matt" job1 will run to completion before job2 starts.
>
> Is there a way to share the resources in the queue between the 2 jobs when
> they both come from the same user?

Not for the same user - the CS tries to get jobs done as quickly as possible and thus it won't share resources for the same user.

However, you can submit to diff queues or as diff. users to get resource sharing.

Arun