Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM> on 2005/07/22 21:43:45 UTC

default plugins policy?

I remember hearing about this briefly a little while ago, but I don't remember if we came to a decision.  What plugins are we planning to have enabled by default?  All of them?  None of them?  Right now they are all enabled by default.

I am just wondering since I've added a new page plugin, but I'm not sure if we want to add it to the list of default plugins.

My vote would be to not enable any plugins in the default roller config and instead force roller admins to enable only the plugins they want.

-- Allen

Re: default plugins policy?

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Well here's where xml configuration is nicer than plain prop files.  One just adds an attribute enabled="true" to some element, and
the corresponding property to some bean, and you're mostly there.  In the prop file world, I think the closest approximation is to
have two lists, one of all plugins that should be available, and one of plugins to be enabled by default for new sites.

--a

Re: default plugins policy?

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.

If we remove them from the page.plugins list, they won't even be available.  This isn't the same as disabling them by default, which
was the original proposal.  I am ok (+0) with disabling them by default, but not (-1) with making them completely unavailable by
default.

--a.

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.

Re: default plugins policy?