Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Moritz Heuser <mo...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/17 17:49:13 UTC

Do someone have experience with CouchDB run in vxWorks or at embedded devices in general

Maybe this is a little bit esoteric, or over-engineered. But I was thinking
about to connect a monitoring box with a web browser (for displaying charts
and status stuff) via CouchDB. Unfortunately I have to do this with vxWorks
(for a PPC32) because of some hard real time constraints.
I already started to create a erlang cross compiler suite so I can test if i
can compile and run it at my target. But with no erlang or CouchDB
expierience at all i can not estimate the time this will take.
So my question, have someone did something like this with CouchDB already,
or do anyone know a good reason to stop my try right know, befor i invest
(more) time for nothing?

Moritz