Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by Th...@swisslife.ch on 2005/11/28 09:42:24 UTC

Example configuration for SCM Plugin with ClearCase

Hi there

I had some contact with Emmanuel regarding the usage of the scm plugin with clear case (see attached mail if interested about details).

Could anybody send me an example configuration snippet for the usage of the plugin with ClearCase (Version 6, we use the UCM workflow).

Freundliche Grüsse
Thomas Hüsler

--
Swiss Life
Thomas Hüsler

Diese E-Mail sowie alle mit ihr verbundenen Dateien sind möglicherweise vertraulich. Wenn Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlicherweise erhalten haben, bitte ich Sie, diese Mitteilung nicht weiter zu verbreiten, zu kopieren, weiterzuleiten oder anderswie davon Gebrauch zu machen. Bitte orientieren Sie den Absender dieser Mitteilung umgehend per E-Mail, falls Sie diese Mitteilung fälschlicherweise erhalten haben, und löschen Sie diese E-Mail endgültig aus Ihrem System. Ich danke Ihnen.

Cet e-mail et tous les fichiers qui s'y rapportent peuvent présenter un caractère confidentiel. Si par mégarde vous avez reçu cet e-mail, je vous prie de ne pas diffuser, copier, transmettre cette communication, ni d'en faire usage d'une quelconque façon. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez immédiatement en aviser l'expéditeur par e-mail et la supprimer définitivement de votre ordinateur. D'avance, je vous en remercie.

La presente E-mail nonché tutti i file ad essa legati sono probabilmente confidenziali. Se avete erroneamente ricevuto questa E-mail, vi prego di non diffondere, copiare, inoltrare questo messaggio né di farne altro uso. Qualora aveste ricevuto per errore questo messaggio, vogliate informare immediatamente via E-mail il mittente ed eliminare definitivamente questa E-mail dal vostro sistema. Grazie.

This e-mail and any attached files may be confidential in nature. If you have received this e-mail in error, I/we ask you not to distribute this message any further or to copy it, forward it or make use of it in any other way. Kindly notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail if you have received this message in error and destroy this message so that it is completely deleted from your system. Many thanks.

Re: Example configuration for SCM Plugin with ClearCase

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

I would like to understand a little bit more on your build process.

  1.  Do you have any base SCM vobs?  Or you just have pure UCM vobs?

  2.  What is your current build process? I dont mind to see some high level
cleartool command that
       you do before starting daily build.

  3. You mention you have over 22 clearcase projects.  are they UCM
projects?  are they related?
      do they share build artifacts with each other?

Regards,

-Dan

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

I have done some of the implementation of the ClearCase plugin. Currently,
it should work with the release plugin doing release:prepare. You will need
to build things from SVN since this code has not been released yet. The goal
release:perform has not been implemented yet, because ClearCase works quite
differently from SVN/CVS and there will probably need to be modifications
done to the release plugin to make it work with ClearCase. There is
currently a discussion going on on this list about implementing that. It
would be nice to hear your thoughts about it. Check the archives to find the
mails.

regards,

Wim