Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by kl...@csis.hku.hk on 2004/06/21 10:47:05 UTC

Web Log Problem in isapi_redirector2.dll

Hi,

I am currently connecting a Tomcat 5.0 together with an IIS 4.0 over a Windows
NT 4.0 Platform. Everything works fine except for the log file generated per
forwarded request:

The original GET request is for:
http://localhost/jsp-examples/jsp2/misc/dynamicattrs.jsp

But the Log file entry in the IIS side becomes:
06:36:19 127.0.0.1 - GET /jakarta/isapi_redirector2.dll - 500 Mozilla/4.
0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+4.0;+H010818;+.NET+CLR+1.0.3705) - -

This result highly affects the effectiveness of the Web Report. All jsp pages
will be record as ispai_redirector2.dll, which make the statistics not very
useful.

Is there any way to configure the redirector such that the GET request is to the
jsp pages?

I am not sure if this is the problem of IIS or the redirector. If it is the
former case, does it mean even when using Apache Httpd, the log will become the
same?

Thank you.

All the best,
Richter Yik

Re: Web Log Problem in isapi_redirector2.dll

Posted by Alex <al...@squigly.net>.
Yes, that is correct.  I don't believe there is a way.  It's how it works.
IIS is logging what you are doing on that machine.  You are accessing the
isapi dll.  You aren't accessing the jsp -- that's being done across the
ajp13 connection.  Ideall, you should be setting up some nice logging
facility on the app servers and doing trend analysis from there.