Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Pree <Pa...@cintellate.com> on 2008/11/07 01:17:28 UTC

ISAPI_REDIRECT issue

Hi All

Apologies in advance if I'm not getting this right - I'm a newbie to the
list.....

I have an issue using ISAPI_REDIRECT through IIS to Tomcat.

For most Windows users the redirection works fine, but for users with
large group memberships (approx 70+) they are not redirected and nothing
is logged in the ISAPI log.

I've been working with Microsoft and from the IIS side all appears well.

They believe it is an HTTP Header size issue.

Environment:

Windows 2003 32 bit

Tomcat 5.5.25

Java JDK 1.5.0_16

ISAPI Redirect v 1.2.26 (Precompiled DLL for win32)

I believe that the HTTP header is fixed at 8k. Can anyone give me a tip
on how this can be increased? I've seen reference to it being possible,
but just not how. Is it a parameter I set in Tomcat on the 8009
connector? Is it something I can set in the uri properties file (I think
not)? Do I need to download the source and adjust it in there and build
my own DLL?

Any tips gratefully received!!!

Thanks

Paul

Re: ISAPI_REDIRECT issue

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Paul Pree schrieb:
> Hi All
>
> Apologies in advance if I'm not getting this right - I'm a newbie to the
> list.....
>
> I have an issue using ISAPI_REDIRECT through IIS to Tomcat.
>
> For most Windows users the redirection works fine, but for users with
> large group memberships (approx 70+) they are not redirected and nothing
> is logged in the ISAPI log.
>
> I've been working with Microsoft and from the IIS side all appears well.
>
> They believe it is an HTTP Header size issue.
>

> Environment:
>
> Windows 2003 32 bit
>
> Tomcat 5.5.25
>
> Java JDK 1.5.0_16
>
> ISAPI Redirect v 1.2.26 (Precompiled DLL for win32)
>
> I believe that the HTTP header is fixed at 8k. Can anyone give me a tip
> on how this can be increased? I've seen reference to it being possible,
> but just not how. Is it a parameter I set in Tomcat on the 8009
> connector? Is it something I can set in the uri properties file (I think
> not)? Do I need to download the source and adjust it in there and build
> my own DLL?

First we should check, whether it is really a header size issue. We
should be able to verify that by logging a failing request done by one
of those users with log_level trace. Please do not log a lot of
requests, because trace log level produces very much output. Especially
it logs the packets which get send to the backend, so we can see,
whether the headers are to big.

I hope you have a system, where you can do such a test?

Regards,

Rainer