Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by blaise17 <cl...@autonomy.com> on 2009/02/10 12:19:50 UTC

Problem with $actionURL in Spring Portlet

I have a spring-velocity portlet and am trying to use velocity's $actionURL
but it doesn't resolve the variable and so doesn't work, it just gives me a
404 on trying to access that action (through a form). I've tried it both as
${actionURL} and $actionURL.

I assume it must be something to do with my spring config or a missing
velocity command before it (like the equivalent of <portlet:defineObjects
/>)? Anyone know?

Thanks

Re: Problem with $actionURL in Spring Portlet

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
$actionURL is not something defined by Velocity.  Velocity is just a
template engine, it doesn't know anything about action URL's unless
some other part of the application tells it about them.  You should
ask about this on the Spring Portlet forum.